Thursday, May 29, 2008

Projects


We were busy over the weekend doing some fun and some not so fun projects. Dave drew up plans and made a little table for the girls. It is a wonderful table with a drawer for crayons and other art supplies. It is wide enough for butcher paper and he is planning on attaching a roll to the table so we can pull it across the table so the girls can color or paint, or whatever. Hadleigh had a great time helping us paint the table.

I had a wonderful time sorting through mounds and mounds of baby clothes. It is slightly painful and not a task I enjoy doing, but was necessary. I also went through several boxes in our bedroom. Now the girls' bedrooms are box free and my bedroom is almost box free. We are getting there...SLOWLY.


On Saturday we had a fun visit with our buds, Grant and Jess and their newest Kiera Joy. It is always a great pleasure to spend time with them, and a blast to meet Kiera who is just a month old. What a sweetie.

Sunday Dave went golfing and the girls and I sat in our wading pool...wonderful! And on Monday we loaded the girls in our stroller and walked to the park. It was fun, though to get to the playground from our house you have to walk on this dirt bike trail down some dirt steps, etc. So I don't think I can walk there by myself though it is fairly close.

Monday afternoon I got a little break and was able to run some errands by myself. Wow, SO exciting, right? I found a wonderful rug for HC's room, so once I finish sewing her shades her room will be complete. I also found a bathing suit...and think it is always best to wait until Mem Day to buy a suit...they were all 50% off! And grocery shopping is always nice when I can do it alone. It was nice to just be quiet for a little while.

2 comments:

Christy said...

The table sounds awesome! So much fun to be had at the McNays. :-)

Dan Franklin said...

I can't believe how much Hadleigh looks like you (Ami)!!! Wow.
Congrats on the potty training. Glad it is going so well.

Dan