Friday, May 02, 2008

Picking Grapes

Actually we went to pick strawberries, but Miss HC kept calling them grapes, thus the name of the post. Slowly we are bringing back our family fun days. That means slowly we are getting settled into our new home...always a positive thing.

One of the other moms at HC's preschool took her kiddos to pick strawberries at a farm outside the city a couple of weeks ago. She mentioned it to me and I thought that would be a fun excursion. We headed out at 8.45 and even had time for lunch before the girls needed their naps. It was great fun to be out and a gorgeous day. Allison, I should have called you, because we were super near your place, but did not realize it until we got out there! Maybe next time.

Annelise was a doll baby the whole time, I tell ya her baptism is still working! And Miss HC had a blast eating...err...picking strawberries. I think we will go back for blackberry season. You can see for yourself the fun.

1 comment:

Allison said...

How funny! I didn't even read your post until tonight and as it turns out, we stopped by there today and picked some ourselves. If you were at the one in Loganville, you were 5 minutes from my house. We will probably go there weekly or at least every other week for our fill of fresh berries. Maybe we could plan a time to go together. I'd love to see Hadleigh Claire again and it's about time we met Annelise.