Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Great Day

Well, the Lord has graciously given me a break and a most fabulous Mother's Day present. Thursday night was one of the most irritating nights with Annelise. She was up several times in the night and by Friday morning I was just discouraged. Friday afternoon I broke out the sleep "bible" to see what Dr. W had to say about all this nonesense.

After reading the chapter on "ridiculously fussy" babies I determined that A indeed was developing a sleep problem and we needed to nip it before it got any worse. So, I decided we would see what would happen if we just did not get her when she woke up. I had been reticent to do this because I know some babies need a night feeding until 9 months. But since it seemed like A was waking up at random hours of the night it was more along the lines of her having a difficult time putting herself back to sleep and not necessarily that she needed to eat. Dave made a bed on the floor downstairs (since he cannot let her cry) and I took a benadryl and climbed into bed. Friday night she woke up at 11, cried for 30 minutes and slept until 6. Saturday night she slept from 6-6. Yes!

Now if I can just get myself together I might be able to get a full 8 hours. The last two nights I haven't been able to fall sleep before 12...ugh...hoping for tonight.

Thanks for praying...the Lord was gracious to answer the prayers and we are all a lot happier. Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Joe Stone said...

I had to let both of mine cry it out. It's so hard to do, but isn't it worth it? I'm so glad that you're finally getting some sleep.

Your children are just gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day!

Cristin said...

I hope that was the first of many peaceful nights!

Brea said...

Hey, sounds like progress! And I am super impressed with HC's potty progress. Sounds like potty training is going to be a piece of cake for her!