Thursday, May 22, 2008

Potty Boot Camp, Day 4

We are all still alive, and we did better than just survive today. Yea!

I was so confused today, I couldn't tell if HC really understood the whole potty thing, and was like...dude stop making me sit on the potty I don't have to go! Or if she was just being defiant and holding it in and you get the idea. So I decided I would just occassionally ask her if she needed to go potty and then just let her tell me...and see what happened. She did not use the potty this morning at all though a couple times she exclaimed that she was still dry and asked for a sticker. This afternoon I made her sit on the potty before I went out on a walk...and was still very confused as to what was going on in her head. After our walk Jess and I were sitting in the backyard and HC came up to me told me she needed to go potty, we walked over to the potty and she went.

OK, so now I am convinced she does understand and can ask me when it happens. YES! We will continue this weekend and hope for the best.

Dave is out buying wood for his next project. He is going to make a play table for the girls. I cannot WAIT for him to work his magic and make something fun that the girls can use to make art projects and to build lego castles...cool! He is also designing some shelves for our mud room. I am hoping to finish the Roman shades for HC's room this weekend. And to unpack the boxes in our bedroom...yea for long weekends!

No comments: