Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Planning My Garden

I am planning my garden.  We are changing things up a bit since it will be our third year.  I had some grandiose plans two years ago, but Dave wisely and skeptically kept me in check.  Gardening is hard work, and I had a 2 year old and a 1 year old, so it was hard to say how it was going to go.  There has definitely been a learning curve, but overall we all enjoy having the fresh grown veggies at our finger tips.

The last 2 years we used a little 12 by 12 plot. which was a good starting point but we are ready to graduate.  Having a square plot makes it hard to get to everything, and I have felt that a lot of space goes wasted.  This year we are going to try raised beds and used the square foot gardening method.  I feel giddy.

I have done a little more research this year, so I feel better informed and prepared to be an excellent gardener.  Hopefully we will learn even more and have an even better year than last year.  Last year our garden was awesome, so I have some serious hopes.

The seeds are ordered and I'll tell you what is on its way here:
bush beans (this is my first attempt at beans)
cucumbers
romaine
leeks
spinach (new this year)
peas (new)
green onions
bell peppers
tomatoes, cherry and beef steak
zucchini
butternut squash
basil
cilantro
edamame (new)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Sounds awesome!