Monday, February 14, 2011

All the Single Ladies

A couple years ago, Dave discovered Pomplamoose.  If you have never heard of them, you can check them out on you tube.  It is two folks who are very musically talented, and they redo cover songs with voice and different musical instruments...it is hard to explain, but it is very fun.  The girls LOVE watching their videos, and HC has been known to walk around the house singing, "All the single ladies" after watching their rendition of the song.

So a few weeks ago I found out there was a Pomplamoose t-shirt, and decided that Dave would enjoy having one, so I ordered one for his birthday which is coming up in March.  The package came a week or so ago and I stashed it in the bookcase in our room.  It is on my side of the room and has mostly my books in it, so I did not think much about Dave bugging it.

For our 4th anniversary, Dave gave me a beautiful, antique looking butterfly diamond ring.  It had a wide band and was covered in little diamonds in the shape of butterflies.  I think I might have received more compliments on that ring than even my engagement ring, which I think is lovely and is an antique as well.  This summer when I was prego and swollen I was wearing the butterfly ring on my ring finger, and sometime between giving birth and today I have misplaced the ring.  Boo.  I have no idea where it is.  I had mentioned this to Dave because he is usually really good at finding things, and sporadically throughout the last month we have been trying to find the ring.  I have been going through pants pockets and purses and drawers...no dice.  The other day he came up to our bedroom and was going through the clothes in my closet, checking pockets and such.

He did not find anything, and then we headed out to Pike's to pick up some supplies for our veggie garden.  HC is now taking her naps in our room, and so as I was putting HC down, I went to the bookcase to grab the copy of Dr. Doolittle that we have been reading...do you know what I saw?  No, not the ring...that darn package with Dave's pomplamoose shirt in it...and the package was opened.  I grabbed the package and looked at HC.  She grinned and said, "There is a shirt in there." ANd I responded, "Did you open this?" (because she has a tendency to mess with my stuff) and of course she shook her head no.  And my heart sunk to my stomach...that punk found my darn gift, opened it and did not even tell me!

I flew downstairs and out the door where Dave was unloading my beloved vermiculite, and said, "Is there something you want to tell me?"

"What?" he asked looking bewildered.

"Did you think my ring was in a wrapped postal package?" I asked punching him in the arm and laughing/crying.

He grinned, "You should have put it under the bed!"

"Oh, like if it was under the bed you would have left it alone?" I asked

And then we laughed and he assured me he would not wear it until his birthday and I could even wrap it up if I wanted.  Booo!  I just wanted to get him something that he would like for his birthday, but I guess I'll have to try for next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just stash it at a friends house next time!
-Sara A