Saturday, September 29, 2007

Free of Commitments

As of 1pm today I am free of commitments and ready for baby Fred to arrive.

OK, I am exaggerating a little, but not completely. The marriage weekend that I have been planning is now over. Everyone lived through the experience, including me and the child care workers. Although the three workers that failed to show up this morning should fear for their very lives! But we all lived and somehow managed to take care of the kiddos, thanks in part to Michelle who is now one of my new best friends. I think she was mostly scarred from the experience of running the nursery this morning, but she gained some serious muscles walking those kiddos up and down the halls. Hopefully she will still want to have children of her own one day.

SO, that is that. I have asked Fred not to make her appearance until after this coming weekend. I would like a week to rest, although this next week looks actually busier than this past week was. But I have confidence that Fred will hold off for a little while. I started washing all her little baby clothes and blankets this afternoon. I think that tonight I am going to finish steaming the kitchen floors, as that is on my master list of things to get done before she arrives.

I am glad to be able to focus on my fam for the next couple of weeks and get ready for this new baby. I want to spend some qt with Miss Hadleigh Claire, as in a couple weeks she will no longer be my only priority.

As a funny side note, our fav babysitter Ruth Anne mentioned that this morning Hadleigh Claire ate her snack and then proceeded to eat everyone else's snack in the toddler room. Yea.

1 comment:

Brea said...

Ooh...you have a steamer? Does it work really well? Can I borrow it? I've been wanting to try one of those.