Monday, September 10, 2007

It Happened

So I had always heard about this happenings to families. Just for the record it had happened to us when we first began hosting the community group at our house. Now we have settled into our Wednesday evening routine and haven't bickered about how to make the spaghetti in about a month.

So, like I said, yesterday was my first experience of a pre-church bicker. We were rushing trying to get to church a bit early so I could drop off something to someone before the first service. I jumped off the bus first with my purse and diaper bag. Dave jumped off second with Hadleigh and the box of stuff. We went to make the exchange, I needed the box and he needed the diaper bag. So...next thing I know Dave is probably trying to tease me about something and I just want the box! Words...and I stormed off, box in hand. Bah!

Then of course, the day went from bad to worse as I dropped off the box and realized someone I thought was going to do something for me, wasn't actually going to do it. Completely overwhelmed I retreated to a bathroom stall and had a good cry. I vented my frustration at the whole situation and finally just admited my own weakness to the Lord.

15 minutes later I emerged, found Dave, had another little cry in front of the whole fellowship, and was feeling a bit better by the time the class started.

Worship was wonderful and what a wonderful time to be able to rest and find comfort in realness of the Lord's forgiveness, and in communion remembering his death has washed me whiter than snow.

Another Townend song:

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who bore my pain
Who plumbed the depths of my disgrace
And gave me life again
Who crushed my curse of sinfulness
And clothed me in His light
And wrote His law of righteousness
With power upon my heart

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who walks beside
Who floods my weaknesses and strengths
And causes fear to fly
Whose every promise is enough
For every step I take
Sustaining me with arms of love
And crowning me with grace

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who reigns above;
Whose wisdom is my perfect peace;
Whose every thought is love.
For every day I have on earth
Is given by then King.
So I will give my life, my all,
To love and follow Him.

3 comments:

Brea said...

I'm impressed that this was your very first pre-church bicker in almost four years of marriage!

Christina said...

You so didn't look bad at all crying! You blended in very nicely!

CP said...

There were apparently many of us crying in church on Sunday! And I'm sad that I am home now, not at your house (though I have only been home for 10 minutes.)