Thursday, September 06, 2007

Miss Hadleigh Claire Goes to School



Yesterday was Miss Hadleigh Claire's first day of "school". We were able to find a local church that has a parents morning out program, so one day a week she will spend the morning with 6 other kiddos playing and ignoring each other. One fun thing is that she in the same class with her buddy, Brennan, John and Brea's little boy.

I dressed her in her $2 outfit from the Children's Place. The top was $1 and the skirt was $1. And she wore her fav shoes from Stride Right, but I won't tell you how much those were...but they have been worth EVERY penny I paid for them.
I thought there might be some hesitation on her part yesterday morning, but she walked right into the class and started to play. Her teachers are super sweet and she even gave them a hug when she walked in and a hug when she left. I packed her lunch like a good mama, and then found out that she only ate her grapes and crackers...not a very good lunch!

She was in great spirits when I picked her up and then took a terrific nap in the afternoon. YEA!

I plan to use my extra time to clean without her underfoot, and also to put my feet up. No swelling yet, but you can never be sure. I figure that once the little one comes it will be especially nice to have some time with just her.

Yesterday I was able to make a run to Publix, and then spent my time cleaning and cooking. Our Community Group had a surprise shower for one of the couples who is getting married. They thought we were just having our usual CG dinner for the first Wednesday of the month. But sneaky us, we invited some of their other friends and had a feast of tapas and a few fun gifts...including an ironing board!

The food was great, everyone from the group pitched and it was a pretty kick butt meal. Matt and Mary Katherine are getting married in just a couple of weeks, so we hoped it was a special blessing to take a moment out with their friends to celebrate and pray for their marriage.

No comments: