Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day Weekend


I pondered the name of this weekend for about four minutes today. My thoughts went something like this. That is funny, it is Labor Day weekend and we did some heavy labor this weekend. Well, actually, Dave did the labor and I watched. Hmm. I think it is called Labor Day because it should be a day free from labor. Wouldn't it be cool to go into labor on Labor Day?

So, here I am. Wishing to go into labor, though not really. I am still seven weeks away, so it would not be good to go into labor now. But it would be nice in some ways to be done.

Moving on. Here is our weekend in review.

Friday morning all three of us headed out to visit Hadleigh Claire's new school. She was able to meet her teacher, see her room, and meet some of the other "students" as I called them. It seems like a really fun place and HC seemed as if she owned the classroom after being there only 5 minutes. There are lots of puzzles and games and book and fun places to sit and play. She will also be in class with her bud, Brennan. It doesn't get any better than that.


Dave spent the rest of Friday ripping out the shower doors, scraping out mold (from underneath the shower doors) and recalking the bath tub. Since the bathtub was unusable, HC got her first bath in the sink. Now that I think about, I think we bathed her in a sink while we were in Venice last year. So this is her first bath in an American sink.

Saturday my best bud, Kris and I went out to get pedicures. This is a fav activity of mine, and my two fav pedicure partners are Jess and Kris. My toe nails are all pretty, and it was good to catch up with Kris while giggling because the pedicure tickles.

We also had a fun visit from our Baumholder buds, Grant and Jessica. They are now stationed in Columbus, so it is just a short jaunt away. They have their own photography business and so while they were here they took some prego pictures. You can check out their blog and photo site here. Hire them, they are super. Crazy story, when all their household goods were delivered to them in Columbus a couple weeks ago, one of the movers stole all their camera equipment. Insane! Fortunately the insurance covered it and they were able to purchase all new equipment, so it all worked out.
Worship on Sunday was awesome. What a privilege it is to have a senior pastor! God is so faithful to have brought John Tinnin to Intown. But I should probably save my thoughts on this for another post. Especially since I have already committed the cardinal sin of blogging. Giving a detailed description of my weekend. Sorry Jess!
So, now Dave is off at a Labor Day party drinking beer and eating meat. I am having some contractions, so I better go put my feet up. Happy Labor Day!

2 comments:

jessrings said...

haha. You write a mean weekend review. I liked it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I'm with PWOC at Fort McPherson. I did some online searching for bloggers with PWOC listed, and there you were. Let me know if you want more information about PWOC in Atlanta.
Melinda Hemphill