Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Chairs and Reading


There has never been a doubt that Miss Hadleigh Claire has loved books since the day she was born. I am guessing that most babies are similar, but she loves spending lots of time in front of her books. We have now expanded and have three places for her books because she has SO many of them. We have a basket in the living room and a basket in the library, and the book case in her room has all the books that she can only read with Dada and Mama (aka they aren't board books). She also likes to read the same books over and over again, and LOVES to make animal noises whenever possible.

Hadleigh has also recently taken a liking to chairs. A couple of weeks ago we went to my friend Stephanie's house for lunch. She has a little mini arm chair for her girls and Hadleigh crawled right over to the chair, sat down and reclined back with one leg over the arm. Hilarious! I am not sure where she learned that technique though! I was thinking about getting her a little chair and my friend Sar had found a cute one for her little Annie at Big Lots. When I went to Big Lots, the chairs were all kind of lame...sorry, but I really don't want a picture of Cinderella in my living room. But we do have a chair already that is pretty low to the ground, and Hadleigh has figured out how to get off and on the chair. She sits and reads. She pulls up all her stuffed animals and has a little party on the chair. She is hilarious.

Yesterday she was standing up, holding onto the arm of the chair and leaning over the arm to grab her stuffed animals from her basket. She managed to get the animals on top and then had to reach a little farther down into the basket for the rest. She ended up doing a header into the basket. It was hilarious! She climbed out of the basket and back onto the chair as if she meant to dive into her stuffed animals. I wish I had my camera out for that one.

No comments: