Thursday, June 07, 2007

15 Months

Today Miss Hadleigh Claire is 15 months old. For some reason 15 months sounds a little old, but she is still a baby to me. I think it helps that she isn't walking yet and doesn't have any hair. She still has that baby look about her.

I am not sure about her weight and height, but will post that next week after her dr. appt.

She loves animals. She loves making animal noises and playing with her toys that are animals and reading books that have animals in them. In fact her favorite commercial is when the puppies come out singing about fleas. She freaks out. I love her pig noise. It is so super cute, but can only be appreciated in person.

Another fun thing HC has been doing, is occasionally I will let her watch Sesame Street. She goes crazy for Elmo and Grover. I have also started letting her watch a baby einstein video every now and then. She really likes all the animals. Dave is still pretty adament about letting her watch TV, so we keep it to a minimum.

She is still doing the bear walk, with her back legs straight and hands on the ground, and she crawls all over the place. She will cruise the furniture and loves to stand behind toys or to walk holding onto my hands, but isn't interested in standing on her own. All babies walk eventually, so I'll just enjoy the extra time I have with her as a crawler. Once she starts walking I am sure it will be hard to keep her down.

She loves to organize. I clip coupons once a week and she love to sit on the floor by the couch. As I throw scraps of paper down on the floor she will pick it up, study it, and then make little piles. She also likes to make piles of my tupperware.

She is a cuddly little girl and loves to give lots of hugs and kisses. She still loves to be sung to at night and her favorite is "How Deep the Father's Love". She is always babbling up a storm. She will read books to herself and yesterday I caught her pretending to talk on the phone...that was hilarious.
Her bedtime is still about the same, she goes down at 6 and gets up at about 7. She is also taking two naps, her morning nap lasts about an hour and her afternoon is about 2 hours. I have really been noticing lately that she isn't necessarily a great sleeper, but that we have taught her to be one. Left to her own devices she would stay up the whole day, and the whole night. I am just thankful that we found our special miracle sleep book when we did. If not I might be dealing with a totally different sleep situation.

4 comments:

CP said...

I am uber-curious about this miracle sleep book!!

Allison said...

Please do share what the name of the book is! I have probably read it and tried it, but I'm still open to trying almost anything.

Anonymous said...

The flea commercial is Jae Anna's favorite, too! She'll stop playing when it comes on and watch the whole thing. I think it's the kids voice singing that gets her attention, then the puppies.. of course.

Sarah said...

She's totally getting hair! It's such a pretty color.