Sunday, August 30, 2009

Miss Hadleigh Claire Poops

For those of you who have been following our poop saga with Hadleigh, I have good news. Our little crazy withholder has been making great progress recently. For the past two weeks, Hadleigh has pooped everyday. That is a huge milestone for her, since she used to poop once or twice a week. Not only has she pooped everyday, but those poops have been in the potty. I cannot believe that she is finally doing it. I set out this summer to really work on this issue with her, and I feel like we have conquered a lot. I am so proud of her.

If all that wasn't awesome enough, we had another break-through today. In the middle of lunch, she jumped up from the table and said, "I have to go poop" and ran to the bathroom and pooped. She did it without us being there, and she did it of her own free will.

This whole summer I have been trying to schedule her poops to come right after lunch and before her nap. Everyday after lunch she will spend some time on the potty and I have read to her. We have read Winnie the Pooh, Pooh Corner, Cappyboppy, Milly Molly Mandy, and are now working on Mary Poppins. She has ony recently gone willinging, and today she did it on her own. What a big girl.

I really hope this whole withholding thing is over for us...it has been really difficult to deal with overall. I think we are making good progress. Yea!

4 comments:

Brea said...

Great news! Go Hadleigh!

jessrings said...

I really hope that someday Hadleigh has a chance to read this blog.

Ashleigh said...

I just love that you post about HC's bm's. :)
We have found that excessive fiber (fruit leathers galore), make withholding nearly impossible. Thankfully, it hasn't been a huge problem for us, but we have had our bouts with it.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

I will say that I have grown increasingly impressed with HC's ability to withhold...no amount of raisins, prunes, undiluted apple juice and suppositories have been able to tempt her. I'll leave it at that...glad it is over!