Friday, August 14, 2009

The Elf is 21 Months


Little Annelise is becoming such a big girl. She is talking up a storm, though a lot of it is not understandable to folks outside our family, but she can communicate exactly what she wants. My favorite part of all her words is when she sings. Her favorite songs to sing are anything with "Hallelujah". One of these days I will get it on video, but usually if we make a big deal of it she will stop singing. During our family worship times we sing a lot of "HoHoHo Hosanna" and "Praise Ye The Lord" so that she can get all her Hallelujahs in.

Of course I love to see the girls together in action, and Annelise is just desperate to do everything that HC is doing. Annelise doesn't even want to be awake if HC is not awake too. That makes the afternoon hard because Annelise is usually up for an hour before HC wakes up from her nap. But as soon as she hears HC rumble around she is up the stairs in a flash calling for her the whole time.

Annelise has started calling herself "Anna". I figure it is easier for her to say than Annelise, but I do look forward to when she can say her whole name. For now, she can use the abbreviated version. On occassion we will call her Anna too, but I try to stick with the full Annelise.

Poor Annelise is right in between ages of children at playgroup. She is a year or more younger than the oldest ones and a year or more older than the youngest ones. She is great at hanging with the big kids, but I am looking forward to her being in a Parent's Morning Out one morning a week this fall and hope that she will enjoy playing with kiddos her own age. There will be two other little girls from our church in her class, so I hope they will all be great friends.

Annelise loves baby dolls, which is super fun. Of course she loves everything that HC loves, trucks, planes, trains, and helicopters too. She does a great plane sounds which is super fun, but I am also happy that she is finding things that she enjoys. Who knows, maybe she will be my girly girl...or not. Either way.

Oooo. A potty update. She is doing great! What can I say, she is amazing. She still has some accidents but that would happen to any newcomer to potty training. She poops and pees and is just a natural. I am so excited, and just glad to have this come easy to her.

She continues to be a super sweet girl. She is very loving and affectionate. She always has a kiss and hug for you, and is becoming a great back scratcher. Yesterday I was suffering from food poisoning, and everytime I ran to the bathroom, Annelise was right beside me rubbing my back. So sweet! Not that I really wanted someone touching me, but she is a very sweet girl, and very loving and affectionate.

I love my Annelise.

No comments: