Monday, August 24, 2009

Jesus Whispers

I know I need to write more about our trip to Belize, but I have a book club meeting this Saturday for "Cost of Discipleship" by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and I have to finish it! So hopefully next week I can spend some time writing. Until then, I wanted to post this song. We sang it last week in worship and I have been singing it ever since. It is from one of my fav cd's Red Mountain Church's "Gadsby Project". Love it! I continue to be a hymn loving girl...there sure are plenty of dumb ones out there with ridiculous theology...not much better than some of the "Jesus is my boyfriend" worship songs...but there are also some awesome ones...I obviously only like the awesome ones, and this is one of the good ones.

Lamb of God, we fall before thee,
Humbly trusting in thy cross;
That alone be all our glory;
All things else are vain and loss.

Thee we own a perfect Savior,
Only source of all that's good:
Every grace and every favor
Comes to us through Jesus' blood

Refrain:
Jesus whispers this sweet sentence,
"Son, thy sins are all forgiven."
Faith He gives us to believe,
Hearing ears and seeing eyes.

When we live on Jesus' merit
Then we worship God aright,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
Then we savingly unite.

Hear the whole conclusion of it;
Great or good, whate'er we call,
God or King or Priest or Prophet,
Jesus Christ is All in All.

No comments: