Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why I Think Scotch Works

My girls are sick. Well, actually Annelise is sick with a horrible cold, cough, snot, the works. I am sure that Hadleigh is going to be sick any moment because she has insisted in sharing cups with Annelise, despite my pleas.

The past 3 days I have woken up with a sore throat and a tickle that makes me cough. And the past 3 days I have taken a shot of scotch first thing in the morning. Is it bad to be drinking at 6am? I am not driving anywhere! Anyway, after I took the shot my throat stopped hurting. Last night I took one serious shot and then went to bed. This morning...no sore throat!

Just for the record I have tried this on 3 other occassions and each time the stuff seems to do the trick. Forget Airborne...get the real stuff!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And here I thought you were going to say something like Scotch Guard helped keep all the snot off the sofa!!!

CP said...

Hmm, I was expecting the medical reason it works from the title... But I guess alcohol as a beverage kills germs just as it does as an antiseptic. Just glad you didn't give it to the girls...

Christy said...

My grandmother used to soak rags in scotch (or vodka or something) and let her teething babies suck on it. I totally think you should put a shot in Annelise's breakfast cereal or something. :-)