Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Miss Hadleigh Claire is 35 Months

I am working on Miss Hadleigh's 3rd birthday party. Wow.
What a trip my girl is! She says such funny things! Sometimes she is shy, sometimes she cannot stop talking.
She loves so many things it is hard to name them all. She LOVES animals. When she walks into a new situation she hangs back and observes things. She assesses the situation, and then when she feels comfortable she holds nothing back. When she meets a dog, cat, bunny, chicken, she hangs back for a minute and then pets and hugs and loves. Seeing her with animals makes me want to get her a pet...almost.
For the first time in 1.5 years I saw her sleep in her car seat, that was an amazing moment. She only slept for 30 minutes, but she slept.
One of our friends sent us this video. It reminded him of Hadleigh and Dave, and when I watched it I laughed so hard that I cried, it is TOTALLY Hadleigh.
She gets really upset when Annelise has to take a nap, she just always wants A to be up playing with her. And she is learning more and more about being a good big sister. She is the best big sister that ever walked the planet.
She loves to look forward to things. I always tell her what we are going to do tomorrow, or what other fun thing might be coming up in the days to come, a visit from Nana, etc. I cannot tell her too far in advance because they she asks about it every second of the day!
We still read to her every night, but she has not been so addicted to books as she has been in the past. I suppose this is just a phase.

She sings all day long. She makes up songs, and sings songs she already knows.

Recently she has been saying, "God is patient". I am not sure where she learned this, but it has been a good way to teach her about patience. I will tell her she needs to be patient, and then I'll ask her who else is patient, and she will say, "Mama and God". I usually correct her and remind her that I am actually not patient, but God is definitely patient.

We have also been working on the whining. Oh my, help me! I just know I have to do this now becuase I do not want her to be a 25 year old whiner. This past month she has also had some trouble getting to the potty in time which has resulted in several accidents. Oh my goodness, it has been painful. I think she just gets so into whatever she is doing that she doesn't want to stop. So, we are now reminding her to go at key times of the day, and not taking her word for it when she says she doesn't have to go.

My girl is crazy, and I love her.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I think that one was of the greatest videos I've ever seen. If Dave just wore a wig and grew a beard, I might have thought it was him and HC. :-)

I have wigs, by the way ....