Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Elf is 15 Months

Annelise is 15 months. There is nothing baby about my girl she is ALL toddler. She is walking really well these days, and it is so cute. She will be walking around and then see me, or Dave, or someone she likes and then she makes a bee line straight for us, and falls into our arms. So cute.

She weighs 22 pounds and is 30 inches tall, which puts her about 25% for everything. It was an interesting doc appointment. I love our pediatrician because he is SUPER laid back about everything, but at this point Annelise doesn't care for him. At one point doc said, "does she always hold her breath?" It was a weird question to me. I thought, well, only when she is really upset. And as I was answering I thought, oh my, she holds her breath! Anyway, then doc asked, "has she ever passed out?" Good grief...I know he is laid back and I am fairly laid back with the girls, but I prob would call him if Annelise had passed out! He then gave me some tips for "breath-holders". Wow...I am telling you, my girl, she has got a temper! She came out of the womb mad and purple! She knows what she wants and she apparently did not want to be touched by doc last week. Ah well, after our appt he mentioned that he was nervous to see what she was going to do at her 18 month appt...ugh...hopefully she won't pass out!

Annelise got her first haircut this month. She actually has hair that needs to be cut! It was looking a little straggly, so when I took Hadleigh in, I had my chic trim up Annelise. She did so great, no holding her breath with CJ!

It is amazing to realize more and more that Annelise is a toddler. At our playgroup last week she was playing with the big kids. She got bumped around a lot, but she had such a blast. She loves to play with Hadleigh and just calls for her constantly when Hadleigh is out of the room. So sweet, I love having two girls.
As crazy as she can be, Annelise is one of the most loving kiddos in the whole world. She gives me kisses all day long, and loves to cuddle up and chill. The girl knows what she wants lots of kisses and hugs and cuddles and attention.

Annelise added two states to her count. She is now up to 9. We added Kentucky and Ohio in the last week. That is another story for another day, but she also met some important people this month. She met her only living great-grandfather, and her third great-grandmother. She also met lots of cousins...or second cousins...er...or some kind of family, I don't really know what happens past cousins...like my cousins children are what? Ah well.
Did I mention that she calls everything "puppy"? Her blanket is puppy, a puppy is puppy, a cat is puppy. She LOVES saying that word and it really is cute. The other funny thing is that every time she hears a noise in the house she says, "Daddy!" She loves her Dada. That is my girl!

No comments: