Monday, February 16, 2009

Because I Don't Want to Do the Things I Need to Do

100 Things
Bold the things you have done...

1. Started your own blog...
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. When I was in 4th grade, I played the flute!
4. Visited Hawaii. It helps when you live in CA.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland. The original and the best
8. Climbed a mountain. Most memorable was Schilthorn Hut in Switz, we started with shorts and ended up in snow.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. I'm not saying it was pretty.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris. Our first kiss was on a bridge overlooking Ponte Neuf.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. I have at least been to the island.
18. Grown your own vegetables. And I am about to try again.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. With Dar and Sar and Dave...my last trip to Paris. As we stood in line to pass by ML this old Korean lady kept pushing my butt.
20. Slept on an overnight train. Numerous times...in Norway, in Switz and Italy, and Zimbabwe.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you're not sick.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb. In Israel!
26..Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. From Italy to Albania.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. With Jen and Elaine!
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Krakow, Poland, and Moscow, Russia.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to truly be satisfied.
38. Seen the leaning tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David. With Jess, Jamie, GIna and Dave. D took one look at ans said, "why isn't he circumcised?"
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. Twice and had malaria! Zimbabwe and Mozambique the first time and Tanzania and Kenya the second time.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. With Dave in Slovenia.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Because I passed out in the pool at a swim meet!
47. Had your portrait painted. in Moscow.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. with a crazy Italian tour guide that wouldn't let us go to the bathroom!
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. When I was 12 I had a craft business with a tax license and everything!
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served in a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching. But I didn't see any whales because I was puking the entire trip.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Dave...
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma. I can't anymore because I have lived out of the country, but I used to...I even squirted once and almost made the other guys with me pass out.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp. Dachau.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the changing of the guards in London.
77. Broken a bone. My pinky finger.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Been to the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the paper. When I was 11 my whole fam's pic was in the paper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had Chicken pox.
89. Saved someone's life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day.

2 comments:

M & M said...

Interesting...I did not know you could not donate blood if lived out of the country? I wonder if that means me too...even though it was now 30 or so years ago.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

It is only if you have lived in certain places. If you have spent more than 6 months in Europe you cannot donate blood.