Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Update on the Projects

So here, we are, half-way through the living room project. The picture above is the old paint with the varnished wood trim. This is what our entire house looked like before we moved in. I think I have mentioned this before, but we were trying to avoid painting the trim, but the green just looked horrible against the wood...so no choice! Below is the trim painted and the wall painted. Doesn't it look fab?
In the last picture you can see the wall to the left and the wall straight on are finished. The wall to the right is going to be ripped out and we will reinsulate and put up new drywall over Christmas. I think it will be easier to paint the trim with it in my hand, but we will see.

3 comments:

M & M said...

It does look great!
I know what you mean about the dread in painting natural wood, but...it looks great white!

Lisa said...

This looks awesome! Great work you two :)

Brea said...

It does look great. Such a face lift. New drywall over Christmas, wow!. Ya'll are the DIY project masters..I think I'll take the easy route and have a baby over Christmas!