Thursday, December 18, 2008

Almost Done...and Crazy Sick

As I type Dave is putting up new drywall in our living room. He is such a crazy dude! We had actually planned that he would spend all day Saturday, this Saturday tearing down the old drywall. Obviously from the pictures you can see that he got antsy. He tore down the drywall last Friday, and was able to get it all off the wall in about 3 hours. It was a lot easier than he thought because the drywall was glued to the wall, as opposed to nailed...hmm... He had all the new insulation put up last Sunday, and is now finishing the drywall. We are actually going to hire someone else to mud, and hope to have that finished and everything painted by January 1. Yay! I also have several other painting projects I want to work on in the coming 2 weeks, we will see how far we get.

Other than the crazy projects, we have had some other crazy happenings this week. We have been sick. First our computer caught a virus last Saturday, what a pain! I spent all day on Monday on the phone with Microsoft working to get rid of the thing. Thank goodness for people who know a lot more than I do about computers and viruses.

Second, on Tuesday night at 6.30 after we had put the girls to bed, Hadleigh started to vomit. Booo! Neither of my girls are real sickies, so I haven't ever really had to deal with this aspect of being a Mama until this week. Hadleigh has only puked 2 other times. Once earlier this year, which was odd because she never had a fever, she just randomly puked 3 different times all during naps or in the middle of the night. The other time was actually just a couple weeks ago over Thanksgiving. That time Dave was sleeping in the same room with her (I was in the other room with Annelise), so he dealt with the issue, and taught her to "cough" in the bowl.

So, anyway, since this was a work day and it did not seem to be a one time puke, we decided that I would sleep in her room with her. Dave pulled the mattress out of her crib and she slept on that mattress on the floor and I slept on her mattress, which was also on the floor. Dave actually slept with her from 8-10 so I could watch the finale of the Biggest Loser. So, she puked about every 15 minutes ALL night long! Horrible, it was SO pitiful.

Dave came in at 5.30 and took her so that I could get 45 minutes sleep before he left for work. Ugh! Before he left he put HC back down for a "nap" and I got Annelise up and was playing with her. At about 7.15 I hear HC crying and was terrified that she had puked again...but no. Dave had forgotten to put a diaper back on HC (she is potty trained, but not when she sleeps)...so she had pooped, and you know it was a sick poop. I was SO mad as I cleaned up the huge mess everywhere. HC came back downstairs and laid down on the couch watching her new favorite "Marshall Penny" you may call the movie Mary Poppins (which is a good movie to watch while sick because when I gave her medicine, we sang the song..."just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down").

I won't go into all the other drama that happened that morning, but at 8 I got on the phone with someone and they were NOT helpful with information, so I was a bit distracted when at 8.30 HC asked to go back up and take another nap. I put her back down and continued talking to sacks of crap Barnes and Noble. About 20 minutes later (when I had ended my conv) I heard her crying again, so I went back up, and guess what. I, myself, had forgotten to put a diaper on HC, and YES, she had pooped again. Good LORD, help me! This is the point in the morning when I burst into tears. Sobbing as I cleaned up the mess I wondered how anyone ever let me become a mother. I also began thinking I cannot make it through this day, I need to call someone to help me...but I couldn't come up with anyone...so it was me against the world. I managed to pull myself together, get all my crazy Christmas packages mailed...and OH yeah, make a Hanukah dinner for my Community Group that night...it wasn't a complete dinner, since I burned to a crisp the chopped chicken liver, and did not have time to make latkes, but it all worked out...thanks to the Howes who came over early and vaccumed my family room, sliced bread, etc.

Last night Hadleigh's fever got worse, and she woke up about every hour or more until about 2am. She was having horrible dreams and wanted me to sing to her. I am exhausted, but today was a much better day. I just sat on the couch with her (and did not clean one thing or cook one thing) and we watched Marshall Penny over and over. Her fever finally broke early this afternoon, so I think we are on the road to recovery. Annelise seems to have a slight fever, but no puking...I am hoping to dodge that bullet.

3 comments:

CP said...

Oh, Ami. Wish I could've come help. I'm glad things seem to be on the mend.

Jennifer Lynch said...

You poor thing! I feel for you. You definitely win the Mother of the Year Award. Hang in there!

Brea said...

Oh, misery! I'm glad that is behind you before Christmas.