Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Miss Hadleigh Claire is 33 Months

Here she is, my big girl. She is looking so much like a little girl and not so much like a baby/toddler. Amazing. I suppose this happens as you near 3 years old! Here are a couple things I bet you never knew about the little miss...she likes shoes and jackets. As you can see from the pictures she is in her jackets. She has several different jackets or sweaters and she enjoys wearing them, even during her nap...and she likes them zipped up all the way, and even will walk around the house with her hood on. She also now insists on wearing her shoes as soon as she gets up in the morning and after her nap. Slippers will not do, they must be her pink shoes or her brown shoes.
She has been such a joy this month. We have had few discipline issues, and things have just settled into a bit of a routine, with everyone understanding expectations and consequences. I am sure that will change in an hour, but it is nice for the moment.

Here is a new one, she loves to run! I wondered if the little miss would ever go faster than a stride, but she is beginning to pick up on the whole running thing and seems to enjoy it. Sunday evening she ran home from our neighborhood Christmas party. Dave and I just laughed the whole time because it was SO cute.
I can tell HC what we are doing tomorrow and she gets really excited about it. This is a fairly new ability in the last couple of months, and I love being able to tell her about things to look forward to, like we are going to see Grandma and Grandpa, or we are going to see Great Grandma Gladys Claire, or we are going to playgroup or school.

She is still very attached to her friends, and LOVES to play with them. If it has been a while since she has seen them she will ask to play with friends. I think Annelise is beginning to meet some of HC's social needs. They are starting to play really well together and it is fun to watch. I keep telling HC that God gave her Annelise, and they need to stick together and take care of one another. It is fun to hear HC talk about sticking together. This morning when I took Annelise up for her nap, HC begged me to let Annelise play instead of nap. This is a common occurrence which always makes me smile.
I think that is about all I have to report for the big girl. Oh, one more thing...HC is going potty all by herself. I do not even go in the bathroom with her. Heaven!

No comments: