Friday, December 19, 2008

Glide-Crawford Christmas 1996 Revisited

This picture is some of the RA's during a hair-dying party: Elaine (Basement), Jenny (3rd Crawford), Patty (2nd Glide), Cara (3rd Front), Ami (1st Glide), Anne (2nd Front)
Help us all, but when we moved into our new house my mom sent me everything that I left at home. This consisted of trophies from Bobby Sox (I was quite the athlete), coke cans from Israel and Albania and other randmo souvenirs from travels, as well as mounds and MOUNDS of paper. All my journals, all the notes I took in college from PSYC 100...HELP to notes about my crush in high school...SO embarassing.

Over the past couple of months I have been sifting through the mounds, recycling them, of course, and choosing what to save. It has been interesting to reminice...one thing that has been an odd thing to read about is boys...what I thought of them, and what they thought of me...I sure had a lot of letter from them...weird.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this little poem that was written by the 1996-97 Resident Assistants of Glide-Crawford. I was an RA for my junior and senior year of college. Every year the RAs plan a Christmas party for the residence hall. In 1996 we apparently read this little poem...so in honor of Koby, Marcy, Elaine, Patty, Ashleigh, Anne, Cara, Kate, Fran, and Jenny, and all the resident of Glide-Crawford:

'Twas the night before finals
When all through G-C
Not a woman was sleeping
Except for Koby

All the lights were hung
In 2nd Crawford with care
In hopes that the fire marshall
Would not come there
The books on 3rd Crawford
Were strewn on the beds
While visions of A's
Danced in their heads

Ear plugs for Ashleigh
Pink pj's on Kate
These RA's are sure
Looking great

When up from the basement
There arose such a splatter
Not girl in Glide-Crawford
Could relieve her bladder

Then up on 2nd Front
What should you hear
The drilling- you know
Those cable guys are near

And where on the building
Will you find lots of blue
Take a trip to 3rd Front
And visit Cara too

Up on 2nd Glide
Patty's Angels were crammin'
But down on 1st
The Divas (that was my hall) were jammin'

When finals are done
We'll all be so glad
Merry Christmas to all
From the Glide-Crawford Staff

4 comments:

M & M said...

Ah...reminiscing! We had the best hall!

M & M said...

not to mention the best RA!

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

heck yea!!! =)

Ashleigh said...

oh HILARIOUS!! i'm so glad you found that and even more glad that you posted it! Those were good times!