Monday, March 10, 2008

Miss Hadleigh Claire Turns Two


This past Friday, Miss Hadleigh Claire turned two. Can it really be that I have a two year old? We had several celebrations, the first was with Dave's family last weekend. She got a new pink and purple bike, and Aunt Angie gave her a pink rabbit ("yabbit" from Build-A-Bear). Tuesday playgroup met here and I made little cupcakes. Wednesday I took cupcakes to her school. Saturday we had a bunch of friends over for a partay! I was all excited because I found a great deal on a jumpy moon walk and thought it would be great fun to be outside with a cookout. Although it was 70 on Friday, it was 25 and snowing on Saturday, so we had to cancel the moonwalk. Ah well, Dave still grilled and we still had friends over, so all in all it was a success.

So, now I will update on Hadleigh. She loves to jump. I'll say, "one, two, three, jump" and she will do this sort of skip step with a HUGE grin on her face. She still isn't terribly coordinated (hmm...crazylegs jr?), but she likes to "run fast" which basically means she moves faster than a crawl. She has become proficient on steps. I also began to notice this month that when she walks she leads with her belly which makes her waddle. It is pretty cute.

Her vocab is widening everyday. She will count to ten when she feels like it. SHe now consistently answers "two" when I ask her how old she is. Sometimes she would say "be"...I don't know? I love listening to her read her books as she goes through each of them naming each thing she sees..."oooh, monkey (then makes the monkey noise), star, hand, frog, frog? frog". If she cannot find something she puts her two hands together with her palms up and with a questioning voice says, "giraffe?" as in where could it be? She also likes to play peek-a-boo with us. She will ask us where something is, while all the time it is behind her back. She knows her shapes and she knows her colors (though she likes to call everything yellow or pink).

Naptime used to be a favorite time, but now when I put her down she cries, "play, play, plaaaaay" which makes me giggle a little.

She loves her little friends and it is sweet to hear her talk about them and give them hugs and get excited when she sees them. She loves Jacob and Brennan the best.

Dancing is still a fav past time in this household. Her fav CD is by our church buds, Jeremy and Laura with her fav song being "Star of Bethlehem." We just got the ABC album by They Might Be Giants, so I think that might quickly become a favorite too. When she wants to dance she says, "Shake? Shake?" That is mostly because I tell her to shake her booty, that is in honor of Susan Nichols from my days are Reach Out.

I cannot remember when this happened, but she puked for the first time recently. It was super pitiful, as she was in her crib all three times. OUt of the blue we began to hear shrieks "yucky, yucky!"

She still loves Annelise and wants to see her and play with her. On Saturday I had Annelise is her swing and when I walked into the room, Hadleigh had stopped it from swinging and was leaning over the seat into Annelise's face talking to her and laughing.

Reading is still the fav past time. Some of her new favs incluce Marvin K Mooney and the new Elmo counting book she got for her birthday.

She adores Sesame Street and knows most of the characters. It is super cute because she treats the characters like animals...as in when she says monkey, she always makes a monkey sound to go with it. When she sees Count, she says, "Count, ahh ahh ahhhh" and Elmo is, "Elmo, la la lala". She also lives Ernie, Berk and Grover, which she cannot pronounce so she just squeals when Grover comes on the screen.

Alright, the little miss is up, and she is asking to "Shake!"

No comments: