Friday, March 14, 2008

The House

So, I thought I would write a couple words on my new house. It is in a cute little neighborhood that I actually used to go walking in when I was single. There are two families from our church who live in the 'hood and we hear that there are several families with kiddos under four years old. That is perfect for us!

It has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, as someone mentioned yesterday I am going to go broke buying shower curtains. This will give Annelise her own room until she calms down and decides to start sleeping through the night. At this rate I think it might take until she is 5. There are three bedrooms on the top floor and one on the main floor. Other than bedrooms it has a living room, a dining room, a kitchen with a breakfast area, a family room, a "media" room (this is for Dave's coveted projector screen TV), laundry room, etc. The yard is cute and flat and fenced, and it is all all preped and ready for a screened in porch. All the bathrooms are mostly white (not pink or green or orange) which is super nice. The kitchen has new appliances, though the cabinets leave a little to be desired, but all in good time. So, basically the house is the perfect combo of done and needing to be done. We don't have to gut and rebuild, but Dave will have several projects that he will enjoy doing...bathrooms and kitchen. I am so glad I married MacGyver.

I am excited about the large living spaces because it will give us more room to host things, which we love doing. It just feels super tight in our current digs. We might be able to fit all 16 folks from our CG into one room comfortably.

Of course the downside to all this is we have zero furniture, so the rooms will look bare for a while. But I refuse to let my house be overtaken by toys...I actually don't have enough toys to take over a house...thank goodness! On that note, I am a little toy-averse, but that is a whole other story.

I have booked our movers, so as the lady told me yesterday I don't have to do anything to get ready for this...I LOVE that. As my good Baumholder friend, Lisa told me, one time they packed a bag of trash and unloaded it at their new place. Not that I want them to pack trash, but the point of paying someone else to pack is that I don't have to do one single thing. Of course we will prepare, but that is because I want to, not because I have to.

That is the story, we continue to pray that the Lord would be glorified in our new place, that we will use it to honor him, and that it will be a safe, peaceful place to all who enter.

We move in on the 4th, 4 weeks from today.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I want a picture and I'm going to come and visit and see all this space. It sounds like an absolutely dreamy house. I'm so excited for you!!!!