Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pink Undies and The END

Come on, you know that you have always wanted to wear your mother's pink maternity underwear around your neck!

I am not exactly sure why, but Hadleigh Claire LOVES to find my underwear, clean or dirty, and put it over her head. This pair happened to be clean, so we let her run around for a while like this. It just really makes me laugh. This morning I found her with a pair of Dave's boxers around her neck, so apparently she is just partial to undies, not necessarily womens.

On a slightly different note I have been thinking about a recent topic of teaching at our Sunday fellowship. The last couple weeks were on Thessalonians and the "End Times". The thing about this subject that I find mildly amusing is that there is just a LOT that we can't know. I mean literally we can't know. But apparently there are a lot of folks out there who really want to know.

Now, I am a definitely a person that likes to know things, but I also like to know things that I think are at least somewhat know-able. For example I feel very happy and content in the Reformed camp. There are definitely some Reformed freaks out there, just like all the other freaks, but I still feel that through scripture I am confidant of God's sovereingty in my salvation and sanctification.

However I feel like the whole end times thing is sometimes a joke. I felt very relieved when the teacher basically said "I don't know" through the whole last class. I felt like that was honest and true...We looked at the four major views and pros and cons about each and then were left with our own study to figure out if we want to claim a camp. For me, I don't want to claim a camp, but I like making fun of the different ones.

This morning I heard an advertisement on the radio for the end times...it went something like...Matthew 24 says in the end there will be wars and rumors of war...Iran is threatening to wipe out Israel and Russia is helping Iran...so the end must be near.

I chuckled...who makes this crap up? When in history has there not been wars or rumors of wars? When have there not been natural disasters? Good heavens...

Anyway, I feel very content to just know that I have NO idea how things are going to shake out, but I know that Christ's return is imminent, and however it works out I know that it at least will not be a surprise to the Lord.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hadleigh just gets cuter and cuter. Especially with undies around her neck.

Brea said...

I remember that Scot Sherman used to say that he was a Pan-Millennialist...he thought it would all pan out according to God's purposes in the end, even if we don't understand all the specifics.