Monday, August 27, 2007

Jack Bauer...er...Timothy Franklin


I am an Aunt...again! Dan and his wife, Karina, welcomed little Jack into the world last Thursday. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 12 oz. and 19.5 inches long. Jack is affectionately named after Jack Bauer of the TV series 24. Dan thinks it is weird that I bring this fact up a lot...but hey, being names after a character on TV is worthy of a note. Don't worry, his middle name isn't really Bauer, but Timothy, which was a great choice in my opinion. Not that anyone cares about my opinion in naming their child. Twice I have offered my name to be used as a middle name, but Dan and Karina hold to their own ideas about naming. I figured if Jack was named after Jack Bauer, why not have his middle name be Ami. Then we could say Jack was named after the guy from Miami Ink, and his crazy Aunt.

Ah well, I can't complain too much because we certainly don't let anyone weigh in on the naming of our babies. I figure once they are born no one can complain about the name to my face. I was sure that Hadleigh was an odd enough name that we would get comments...but now that is her name and everyone must just whisper behind my back. Mom has given it a valiant try in guessing the name of our next little girl. But she has failed miserably...it is hard to jump into the inner workings of my mind...and don't even think about trying to figure out Dave!


So, there you have it folks. I am now an Aunt to 5 boys. I am counting on Chris and Rubie to produce a neice for me in the next 10 years. Maybe one of these days I will be able to meet my nephews and nieces before they are 2 years old, but as Dave's sister seems to be out of the baby stage (since her oldest just graduated from high school), and my brothers live 3,000 miles away, we'll just be content to meet them whenever that time comes.


3 comments:

Allison said...

For what it's worth, I absolutely love Hadleigh Claire's name!!

Anonymous said...

10 years! God willing before that. I tell ya, after spending time with Hadeleigh (Matt's pronunication) all I want to do is prodcue neices for you!

Chris f.

Brea said...

Congratulations, Aunt Crazy Legs!