Monday, August 13, 2007

Bourne Ultimatum

So we went up to Knox this past weekend to visit Dave's fam. I am guessing that will be our last trip up there before the little one comes...insanity!

Saturday night I got a real treat, I went to the movie theatre and we saw the "Bourne Ultimatum". It was a very fun movie, but it was also just a major treat to be at the movies! The last movie I saw in a theatre was the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which was almost 1.5 years ago! And the last time I was in an American movie theatre was over 3.5 years ago. Dave has gone to see several movies since we have been back...he doesn't mind going to see a movie by himself...weird.

OK, so here was a weird thing that happened. We went to the concession stand and Dave asked about their combo specials. He ordered 2 medium drinks and a large popcorn and asked for one of the drinks to be water. The lady was like "oh, we can give you the water in a cup". And then I realized that meant we were going to be paying $3.30 for a cup of tap water...so I said I wanted the bottled water, but apparently they can't give bottled water with that combo meal...hmm...that didn't make any sense to me. The bottled water was listed at $3 (ok, I know ridiculous), and the medium drinks were listed at $3.30. What part of this makes sense?

There was one other very confusing conversation surrounding water and finally Dave just ordered a large drink and popcorn and after he drank his coke offered to get me water from the water fountain. I ended up not needing a drink, so it was all well.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's funny that Dave went to the movies by himself. My dad used to do that too and it was no big deal. I've gone occasionally, but lately, not so much. Now you have me craving popcorn...Mmmmmmm.