Thursday, May 03, 2007

Remembering

Well I haven't talked about the little one for a while, so they are going to get some air time. I am almost 16 weeks prego, which is such great news for so many reasons. I started getting some energy back last week, but then was kicked back down by an insane sinus infection. I had no idea what was happening to me and realized I have never had a sinus infection. So that caused some turmoil for me, mainly because coughing violently doesn't help a temperamental gag reflex. I also ended up loosing my voice for Sunday and Monday. The really sad thing was that on Sunday our closing hymn was "On Jordan's Stormy Banks" which is one of our fav songs and we actually sang it at our wedding. Anyway, the choir led worship and we sang a cappella (side note, in trying to figure out exactly how to spell this word I realized it is actually two words meaning...Italian for "in the style of the chapel"). It was amazing, but I couldn't sing! I just moved my lips in worship anyway.

So, besides my crazy sin. inf. I have gained some energy back. I am actually not in need of my afternoon nap, and have moved my bedtime back from 7 to 8.30, except on Thursday I stay up until 9 to watch Survivor. This morning we had a brunch to finish the women's Bible study I was attending and I actually baked some scones. I cannot remember the last time I baked something, but I think it was in February. So, I am definitely feeling better. My nausea is not 24/7 anymore, but just comes and goes. It always comes, but it just sometimes goes as well.

I go to the doc next Friday and am hoping for a good report. Maybe I will even get measured for the first time...wowee. I actually was telling friends about how the nurse was telling me that I would get measured, and when I said the word measured I made a hand gesture as if they measure me around the waist. They thought that was hilarious and told me that apparently they will be measuring my tummy from top to bottom. Crazy Americans...not sure what good that does, but apparently the docs have decided that measuring shows if the baby is ok...I don't buy that crap for one nano second. This is apparently one instance where the Americans don't mind being showed up by the Germans, but that is another argument for another time.

I decided to link back to my September 05 post when I was prego with little HC. The pic is about what I look like now, maybe I will get Dave to take a prego pic of me next week so I can post. It is not too exciting these days. Once my prego-bulimia goes away I might put on some pounds.
http://whereintheworldmcnay.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_archive.html

1 comment:

Brea said...

Hooray for feeling a bit better and dropping your afternoon nap. :)