Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Poop in the Tub

Dave and I had an insane night on Monday. My car was making a funny noise (turned out to be the compressor), so he was out trying to figure out the problem, while I quickly fed and bathed Hadleigh. We were awaiting a call at 5.30 from our financial planner, so we were all scurrying around. I don't usually give Hadleigh her bath, so I was a little out of practice.

I put her on the toilet, as we normally do, to let her pee. With one hand on her I was turned around trying to do other things with my other hand (like turn on the water in the bath, etc). I turned back toward Hadleigh, asked her if she was finished (like she going to respond), and then proceeded to lift her off the toilet and deposit her in the tub. As I moved I heard a plopping noise from the toilet. When I looked I found that she had pooped. I didn't take any pictures (because I am not Dave), but as soon as I saw it I realized that I had just put her and her dirty poopy butt into the bath tub. NASTY! So, I grabbed her out of the tub and threw her back on the toilet. And then I looked in the tub and noticed another little poop bobbing in the water. CRAP!

Dave walked in and I started yelling for him to grab her on the toilet, while I grabbed the poop and put it in the toilet. In all the commotion I failed to hear the phone ring and we missed our call from the financial dude.

What drama. Dave let the water out of the tub, filled it back up with clean water while I wiped HC's bum. Dave finished the bath.

2 comments:

jessrings said...

Maybe I'm on crack, but I really like the poop stories better then the food stories. Although, it was really interesting that she won't eat corn.

Sarah said...

Just want you to know, that Annie's with me while I'm looking at your blog. She pointed to a picture of Hadleigh and said, "baby." I said, that's Hadleigh, and she said "Haddy."You should know that your daughter is one of the lucky few who has been named. Annie says Dude, mama, daddy, Joe, Andrew (which sounds like A Jew or A doo) and now she's said Haddy. I'm impressed that she attempted Hadleigh, but I think Haddy is a very cute compromise. Feel special! We think you are!
Sorry that this has absolutely nothing to do with your post :)