Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother's Day


I forgot to post about Mother's Day. This past Sunday was my second official Mother's Day and it was super fabulous. I woke up to hugs from HC and gifts from Dave. He always starts off with the weird gifts...for example, he first gave me two new windshield wipers. Then he mentioned that they were for my new car. I got really angry (I know, most women would not get angry if their husband told them that) and he finally caved and told me that they were for my Buick (big relief). And then I received my real gift, a wonderful letter and an MP3 player. I was super shocked, but it has been super fun to use it, especially in the car. Now I don't have to listen to the crazy Fish radio station...sorry if any of you like that station, but it drives me insane!

After church our good bud Jess came over and Dave cooked us an awesome meal of Japanese style skate and tilapia. Yummy good!

I received lots of fun hugs and kisses from my baby. She was super sweet to me on Sunday. Here is a picture of her new tricks. She clasps her hands together and wiggles them back and forth. I think that she is dancing, and it is super hilarious to watch. She gets a real kick out of it herself.

On a totally separate note, we sang a few songs on Sunday that I noticed were written by Stuart Townend. He is one of my favs, and wrote the hymn How Deep the Father's Love and In Christ Alone and Before the Throne of God. I decided to look him up on the internest yesterday to see when he lived and what his life was like. Imagine that shock I got...dude is still alive! He is a worship leader at a church in England. Crazy! We don't have a lot of contemporary hymnwriters, so I just assumed that he was dead.

1 comment:

jessrings said...

I was telling Angie this week about Hadleigh's new move. She didn't get it at first so I had to show her. It was awesome.