Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Foul

Well, I have a creepy story. My friend Christy has a blog that you can check out by the link on the left, and she gave the daily progress of a spine (of a deteriorating opossum) that had taken up residence in her neighborhood. Foul. Shortly after the spine was disposed of for good I was having playgroup at my house. Before the group converged here I had a knock on my door, and found two nice Jehovah's Witnesses. The other thing I found when I opened the door was that there was a dead bird on my front porch. Foul. After the men left I swept the bird behind a bush. Creepy.

Then my other bud Brea, almost stepped on a snake while taking a walk in her neighborhood, you can read about that incident on her blog.

The other day Dave and I drove into our driveway and found a HUGE bird in our driveway. At first glance I yelled "Quail," but on closer examination Dave noticed it was a hawk. OK, nothing too bizarre yet...but wait. The hawk had a bird in its mouth. The bird was alive and bleeding. Creepy. The hawk took off after spotting us, but left a pile of feathers near the walkway to our front door. I really need to have Dave sweep those up. If not I suppose we won't be any better than Christy's creepy neighbors that kept the spine in their front driveway. Foul.

2 comments:

Brea said...

Ew, Foul...or Fowl...:)

Christy said...

Don't you feel a little bit like you're in the middle of a Alfred Hitchcock film or something?