Monday, March 19, 2007

One Year Update


Miss Hadleigh Claire had her first visit to a pediatrician here in Atlanta last Friday. We are definitely thankful for her good health that has enabled us to only visit the doc for her wellness appointments. We got a good recommendation of a ped and really liked him a lot. Hadleigh weighed in at 19 pounds and was 29 inches long. I forgot to ask him about what percentage that puts her in, but I suppose she is fine because he didn't comment. She was also a very brave little girl and received her first MMR shot. She didn't even flinch or cry...she was like is that a needle? is that suppose to hurt? I was very proud of her. Though this morning she woke up in the middle of the night burning up and has been running a fever all day. Poor baby!

On other HC news she is doing well at standing, thought she won't initiate it on her own. She will stand on her own for 30 seconds or so and then either falls on her bum or grabs onto our hands. Soon I will have a walker, but I am thankful to still be in the crawling stage at this point.

She is still a good sleeper at 12-13 hours a night and 2 modest, but decent naps. I am dreding the day that the morning nap goes away, but I think we still have some time before that happens.

She has a couple other new accomplishments. She has learned how to blow kisses which is super sweet. She also consistently uses sign language to tell us she is hungry, which I think is super cool. She continues to be a big waver, and loves to wave at anyone and everyone. But she likes to do it on her own initiative and doesn't seem too pleased when I ask her to wave.

Her little personality is coming out more and more. We have been working in her nursery class at church this month which has been interesting. She tends to be pretty dominate and bossy when around the other babies, so we will see how that pans out. I have seen that in playgroup as well and it kind of drives me nuts. I think when she moves up to the next stage of nursery (walkers) that they will put her in her place and show her that she doesn't run the world.

My fav thing that happened yesterday was that while we were in nursery our buds Bif and Kris and their kids, Alex, Zack and Kate walked by. They stopped and looked in and when Hadleigh saw them she crawled right over to the door to go and see them. It was so sweet, and something I know she would have done with her grandparents or aunts and uncles. But since she doesn't have any here in this city, Bif and Kris are super substitutes.

1 comment:

Bryan and Tammy said...

Great Photo!