Monday, March 12, 2007

PARTAY!

Saturday we celebrated Hadleigh Claire's birthday. Hadleigh's grandparents, cousins, and fav Aunt Angie all came down from Tennessee, and then her good buds, Jacob, Brennan and Sadie came over (and brought their parents). And we topped it off with Hadleigh's fav babysitters, Alex, Zack and Kate (who also brought their parents). Hadleigh wore a dress that my grandmother, Gladys Claire gave me, and I wore when I was one year old.

I wasn't exactly sure what to do at a one year old birthday party...since I had never planned one before, but we improvised. Dave made a beautiful butterfly cake, which someone got a picture of and I am sure will send it to me, that Hadleigh loved. She actually wasn't too crazy about the icing, but liked the actually cake.

She was actually so tired that she yawned and rubbed her eyes through the entire party (probably because she refused to take any kind of nap last week). I tried to keep most everyone engaged by quickly opening the presents. She received a lot of nice gifts, several new books, a beautiful new dress, a Nemo towel for swim class and lots of new toys.

Hadleigh with buddies Brennan and Jacob
After presents and cake, Hadleigh got a quick bath and we tossed her into bed before the party was over.

3 comments:

Dan Franklin said...

That's awesome. We can't wait to get to hang out with Hadleigh this Summer.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Hadleigh! I'm enjoying having a one-year-old baby, and I hope you guys do too!

jessrings said...

Ok, you didn't tell me that she had a sweet pink birthday hat on the whole time. Hilarious.