Monday, March 05, 2007

Waiting Some More...

Some of you Intowners might have read the recent Pastor Search Update last week. It is funny, as hard as it is to be without a pastor for going on 18 months, the update gave me great hope that the McNay family is not the only one waiting. The update actually mentioned that now in the last 9 months they have gotten all the way to the end of the process and then had two different candidates drop out. To be so close and then to be pushed back is so difficult. In many ways I felt as though our life right now seems to mirror Intown's search...maybe things will clear up for us when we get a pastor...

We have been waiting and praying for a year now about a job and the next step for our family. It was right after Hadleigh was born last year that we started looking all over the world for a job. We prayed continually and asked for wisdom and discernment. We thought we were going to be moving to MI, and Dave even flew out here while we were still in Germany to meet with the doc. That didn't go well, so since we had no other place to go, we decided the Lord was leading us back to GA. Here we are...5 months later and it seems we don't know much more than when we stepped off the plane Sept 29. There have been jobs and offers and then offers taken away and then refusal of offers. The whole thing is too bizarre to be anything else except the Lord leading, and protecting us.

Even without the permanent job there has been temporary ones. That has been stressful, but the Lord has continued to provide for our family. I actually hate this process. There is probably no one in the world who would like to swap places with us...in the sense that we don't know what we are doing or where we are going. We are waiting.

During this time that I hate, I have to trust and remind myself constantly of what is true. The Lord has graciously provided for us. Dave has a job for tomorrow. We have enough today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. We have a place to live, nice clothes, heat, food on the table, a beautiful baby, each other. There is much to be thankful for even in this crazy waiting game. For me it is a discipline to wait and trust. I hate it, but it is good for my character...and good for my relationship with God.

Yesterday the sermon was awesome for us. My life is so good sometimes that I don't need God. I have the things that I want and need and I can go a day or week without acknowledging him and my need for him. But in the place that the McNay family is currently, we need him desperately. We need to hear His voice and obey. It is just hard to wait to hear His voice.

2 comments:

Brea said...

No one could have forseen all of this waiting that has been required of you since you left Germany, but I am encouraged by your perspective on it and I hope it encourages you to know that I see a joy in your life and a faith that He is good, in spite of circumstances. I am praying and asking God to continue to meet your needs and lead your family into great things for His glory.

Anonymous said...

what brea said. you all really are an encouragement. i'll be praying.