Monday, March 26, 2007

120 to 6

Today Dave's commute will be cut down from 120 miles to a mere 6. I am so thrilled, and so is Dave. For the last 6 weeks Dave has been working a temp job 2 hours away. It has been very difficult on our family, so I am glad that it is over for now.

This past weekend I was at Callaway Gardens for Intown's women's retreat. I was really on the fence as to whether I should attend or not. I wanted to go, but didn't want to be puking the whole time. Fortunately last week I felt mildly better, still pretty nauseated, but no pukage. So, I decided to take my chances and over-all I am glad that I did. I did feel a bit puny and has to sit in the back during the sessions and munch on food. I felt a bit like a squirrel. I also spent my free time taking a long and wonderful nap. I had a good time. This was my fourth Intown retreat, but I hadn't been on one since 2004. Of all the retreats I remember, this one was the friendliest. I was actually more nervous to go on this one because I knew less people on this retreat than in years past, but for some reason everyone seemed super friendly. That kind of sounds like a lame statement...but I am sure someone out there knows what I am talking about.

I arrived home yesterday to find both Dave and Hadleigh sick. Before I left I had made a decision not to call Dave and check on them. I told him if he needed me to call. It felt a little weird to leave...and part of me thought about leaving a note...and then I realized why would I leave a note? As if Dave doesn't know as much about Hadleigh as I do. Anyway, all went fine for them, though Dave said Friday night Hadleigh was looking for me. He put her down for bed and then she started fussing. He went in to comfort her, and he said she kept looking at the door waiting for me to walk in. He finally walked her around the house so she could see that I wasn't there. After that she went right to sleep.

So Hadleigh has a bad cold, and is super congested. I am hoping it will be finished by tomorrow, but we will see. We had to miss swim class last week because she had a horrible fever from her MMR shot. This week we will miss again.

2 comments:

jessrings said...

I wonder if she's adjusting to the crazy pollen-ness that sweeps over Georgia this time of year like a yellow cloud of doom. Hmmm.. sounds like something out of LOST. Anyway, I'm glad you had fun and din't have to christen callaway gardens. I give you probs for going and not calling! That had to be hard.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for Dave! We'll be praying that this job sticks. Is 'pukage' a word? :)

chris f.