Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Word Is Out

Well, just in case someone reading this blog hasn't heard yet, we are expecting another baby in October. This is thrilling to all of us, especially as I had assumed that having Hadleigh was a bit of a fluke and probably couldn't happen again given past health issues. But, as my bro Dan so eloquently put it, "apparently you are fertile." Apparently.

Hadleigh and baby will be 19 months apart, so we shall be busy. When I told my friend Dianne, she reflected on how having children close together in age is nice. I commented something to the effect that they would play together well. To which she returned that when they fight, they are the same size, so it is an equal battle. I thought that was hilarious...never thought of that as a reason to have children close together in age.

I haven't been as sick as I was with Hadleigh which has been nice. However, another plus of being prego so soon is that Hadleigh still takes 2 naps a day, so that gives me more time to rest during the day. This prego opportunity also allows me to expand the number of places I have christened...which became a joke when the Niners went on a road trip up to Boston for New Years Eve. I was driving somewhere in New Jersey and felt sick enough to pull off at a gas station, run in, puke, run out, and continue driving. I figure there has to be some kind of humor in the prego sickness.

6 comments:

Brea said...

I'm so happy for you, and so thankful that God is blessing you and Dave with abundant babies! Brennan's pulling for a McNay boy. It will be so neat to see how this baby is different from your first!

Allison said...

Congrats to you and Dave! So happy for you!

jessrings said...

I do remember the niners incident. I think you were downing ritz crackers and I was either driving or in the passenger front seat going..oh..man, how's that going to be comin' up..

Jamie said...

wow, i haven't heard a reference to the niners in a while, that is great. I still remember that sketchy bathroom and you coming out of it. Good Times. Congrats Ami and Dave!
jamie

Sarah said...

Yay! Hmmm... maybe we should have our babies on the same day. I'm so excited that we're due only one day apart! That's so fun!

Ashleigh said...

Congratulations!!! I know this is a bit late, but I'm slow at catching up on blogs these days. Do you know the sex of the baby yet? Hugs!