Thursday, September 14, 2006

She's Wearing Pink


First, these are some family pictures that were taken by our dear friend Jessica last month. We took them at Burg Lichtenburg, which is 4km down the road from our house. As I said...who gets to take family pictures at a castle? Sweet!

Onto other news Hadleigh had her 6 month appointment today and weighed in at 6kg and is 67cm long. From my calculation that is about 13 pounds and 26.5 inches. She is now more average in her height, but still dainty in weight. She is at 3% for weight. I was assured that she is fine and healtht and not to worry about her weight being low. She is still gaining, so I figure all is right with the world.

After her appointment I went over to Patient Liason to pick up translated records from Hadleigh's birth. This is the part where you will sscratch your head. I have Hadleigh dressed in blue jeans, a pink shirt and a pink sweater. OK, it was not hot pink, but it wasn't pastel either, it was obvious that she was wearing pink. In the 5 minutes that I had to wait for the records 2 German women asked if she was a boy or a girl, and one German man just called her a boy.

Now there are lots of times when I have Hadleigh in green or blue and I am totally fine with someone asking me if she is a boy or a girl when she is wearing a neutral color. But when she is obviously wearing pink...I don't understand. So, my conclusion is, that since only Germans seem to not know whether she is a boy or girl, Germans must dress their boys in pink sometimes. There is no other explanation.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I get questions about Annie's gender often, but I do dress her in playclothes a lot- jeans and t-shirts. Her t-shirts are orange, yellow, pink, and brown, but she's usually wearing girlie shoes.

jessrings said...

Just to give you some perspective, Natalie's son Aaron was born May 11 and weighs 17 pounds. Harrison, Rochelle's son was born June 2 and weighs about 15 or so. They're both really large. Good thing they're boys!!