Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Miss Hadleigh Claire Eats


The anticipation has been building for quite a while. After weeks of reading, planning and preparing, we fed Hadleigh her first meal tonight. Yummy, yummy, rice cereal.

Several months ago we decided to take on the adventure of making our own baby food. I read a couple books and it isn't difficult, and it is better for her and cheaper. So I thought I would give it a try. Today I bought brown rice and I ground it up and boiled it. 10 minutes later we had several servings of baby cereal.

She has been very interested in food recently, so I knew she would be thrilled when the spoon was finally headed in her direction. But as she ate, she became very confused and unsure about this new substance. Part of this was my fault...being a novice baby food maker, I failed to grind the rice fine enough, so I think there was too much texture for her. Tomorrow we will try again, with finer ground rice.

Her facial expressions were hilarious...you can get a glimpse of them in the pictures.

1 comment:

Brea said...

Very fun! Did you read 'Mommy Made?' Let me know what book you're reading. I need to read up on solids, too.