Sunday, September 17, 2006

Homelessness Begins Now

Tomorrow we begin our journey. The movers arrive at 0800 and will be packing most of our possessions. The container arrives Tuesday at 1000...and everything we own including our car will be whisked to port and cross the ocean...hopefully arriving in Atlanta unharmed the beginning of November. It is a daunting task to prepare for this move. I have made sure about 50 times that our passports are in a room that won't be packed up. I keep telling myself that anything I forget and need in the next 6 weeks can be purchased...except important documents like passports and car titles, etc.

Anyway, there won't be any pictures for a while. Possibly a LONG while, and there might not be many posts either. We will be staying in a hotel on post until the 29th. I look forward to watching American TV and having someone else make my bed and clean my bathroom. Yes!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I will miss your posts but look forward to following your journey when you are back online. And I will be praying for a smooth transition...you all are so brave!

Sarah said...

I am happy that transition is here because that means that we get to see you soon! I can't wait to meet little Hadleigh, although I feel like I already know her.