Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Miss Hadleigh Claire is 34 Months

I do not think I have mentioned this before but in the last couple of months several people have commented that Suri Cruise (Tom Cruise's daughter) resembles Miss Hadleigh Claire. It is a little bizarre, and I do not think Dave believed me until someone stopped us in the mall the other day to tell me. Maybe it is the haircut, not sure, I do not really keep up with the celebs, except when I get my hair cut...that is when I catch up on all my smut.

Yesterday the girls were in the playroom playing, and I was cooking dinner, and I overheard Hadleigh singing to herself, which is a fairly common occurence, but this was the first time I had heard her sing this particular song. "Shake, shake, shake. Shake your bootie, shake your bootie." I was almost in hysterics. I will admit I do sing that song to them, but the idea of HC singing it to herself was hilarious. She sings ALL the time, and it is really sweet.
Her vocab is getting large, and she is putting together some amazing sentences. She was so quiet about talking for so long, it is really fun to hear her voice. It can also be incredibly draining, since my name is being called all day long, but at least I know what she wants now.

Cooking is a favorite past time. She loves to stand on the big stool and smell and help me dump all the ingredients into the bowl/pan. The other day we were making cookies for her buddy Brennan and his family, and she was able to name several of the things we put in, flour, salt, sugar, peanut butter, etc. I was amazed. Last night she helped me making minestrone soup, and tried everything I was putting into the pot, carrots, zucchini, green peppers, garbanzo beans, tomato puree. Apparently she LOVES green pepper and went on to eat half of one. The other wonderful thing is that when she helps me cook she is incredibly eager to try her creation. And I can get her to eat the zucchini because I knw she just tasted it a minute ago and liked it! We also talked about the difference between a dried herb and a fresh herb, and she smelled the real basil plant and then my dried basil. I love cooking with Hadleigh.
She is starting to remember people and things that have happened in the past. She was playing with some beads the other day and I asked who gave her the beads, and she knew, Great Grandma Gladys Claire (and she says the whole name, so cute). She is constantly talking about going to Tennessee to see Grandma and Grandpa. And of course, she always want to see best-buds Brennan and Jacob, and apparently now Andrew has also made the list because she asks about him a lot.

She is a go little girl, and always wants to get in the "van" and go somewhere. When it seems like we are going home, she gets really upset, and yells, "No going HOME!" This even happens when we are out on a walk. The other day I was thinking, well, it is raining, we HAVE to go home.
We enjoy talking to her about God, and I am trying to always think of new ways to teach her about him. Our new Jesus, Storybook Bible, is awesome, and yesterday she was telling me that we must read about Jesus. I have also heard her say, "Oh, God is patient, very patient". I think that must have been something Dave told her. Last night when we prayed together she prayed that she would be kind to Annelise. It was fun to hear her say that, because that is not something I have typically prayed. I mean we usually talk about how we can bring glory to God, "by loving him and doing what he commands" and then we pray that He would give Hadleigh and Mama strength to love and obey and be kind, etc. And I always talk to her about being kind to Annelise, so somehow she translated that into her prayer last night.
There is just a small snapshot of my little crazy.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Whooo hooo! We've made the list!!!

Allison said...

We love the Jesus, Storybook Bible too!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I can't believe how big she is...almost 3!!! Love reading your blog and seeing what the girls are into! I read your blog a zillion times when we were potty training with Emmy.....along with a zillion other websites. Finally, decided she'd do it when she was ready and took off a week later on her own! Crazy kids! Anyway, you are still a resource for me!!!! THANK YOU!