Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas

We have had a lot going on these past two weeks. I know I always say that, but it is probably always true.
Christmas this year was SO much fun with Hadleigh Claire. She was obsessed with Christmas trees and Christmas tree music and lights, etc. It was really fun to see things through her eyes, and now that it is all over, she is so sad.

We enjoyed talking to her about Jesus, God's forever king. What an awesome opportunity we have to hear Jesus and God being sung and celebrated everyday for a month!

Anyway, this year we celebrated Christmas as a family on Christmas Eve. I baked coffee cake and Hadleigh sung happy birthday to Jesus...ok, I know you are thinking that is an odd thing for me to do. I am not a big fan of the whole happy birthday Jesus thing, but hey, she is 2 and LOVES to sing happy birthday whenever she sees anything resembling a cake. So...whatev.

We opened presents from my side of the family...I have yet to buy the girls birthday/Christmas presents...and after this year I am even more convinced that this is one time I do not need to spend a dime on the girls. There is some conspiracy for you! I'm still trying to figure out what the conspiracy is about Advent Conspiracy...anyway! There is no shortage of presents thanks to grandparents and aunts and uncles! My parents bought HC an easel and all the fixings for her to be a world-class artist. We also got a bunch of books, which is always my fav gift.
After we opened presents we went to the park, and then out to lunch. We feel a need to find the best Thai restaurant in our area, and there are a LOT of Thai restaurants, so we went to a new one Christmas Eve. After that we headed home, and packed for our big trip to NJ.

I mentioned that on Christmas Day we flew up to NJ, and there we opened more gifts with my grandma.

The day after we got home we celebrated with our good buds, Bif, Kris, Alex, Zack and Kate. We has a super yummy brunch and had a great time talking with Bif and Kris while all the kiddos played in the playroom (yea for Alex and Zack who love playing with my girls). The theme of this Christmas is always books, and I have enjoyed buying special books every year for these kiddos. It is always a challenge to think about what they might like to read, but I love picking these books out. In the past I have given them Wizard of Oz, Heidi, Nancy Drew, etc. This year I gave Alex my favorite book of all times, Anne of Green Gables. I have been waiting a LONG time to give her this book, she, of course, has already finished the book, and assures me that it is one of her favorites of all times. I guess we can still be friends (btw, Alex was the flowergirl in my wedding 5 years, so she is a VERY special friend).

New Year's Eve, Dave's parents came down for a wonderful visit. We celebrated again with them...so FUN! The girls got a new kitchen with pots and pans and food and everything. It is a wonderful gift and the girls just LOVE it. This is where I will note that I went to bed at 8.15 on New Year's Eve, and actually forgot completely that it was 2009 the next day. Shameful, I know.

It was great to have them visit, because Grandpa was able to help Dave with some projects in the living room and Grandma watched the girls while I also helped paint, and other tasks that hang over my head.
Hadleigh helped Grandma make a lasagne and then the girls DEVOURED it. Amazing!

I know I need to post about our living room project, and other things...more to come...

No comments: