Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fun Times with the Girlies on MLK Day

Yesterday was a very fun day with the girls. I usually stay home on Mondays anyway, and catch up from the weekend, doing mounds of laundry, etc. And the appraiser is coming today, so we need to do some clean-up around the house...which is slightly impossible (to keep a house clean when you have children).

We played in the morning, and read stories and other non-destructive things. At one point I was cleaning the kitchen, and I heard a weird banging noise. As I moved into the entry way, I found my girlies sitting on the bottom step of the stair, just sitting there banging their feet. It was super sweet! Here is one pic of Annelise giving the bear a kiss...aww!

In the afternoon my buds Angie and Lisa came over to kick it. Angie and I have been wanting to do some cooking, so we made butternut squash soup, pasta e fagoli (thanks Christy!) and cabbage and sausage (this was Dave's choice and he loved it...on a side note we had a big discussion about whether cabbage was nutritious or not, he thought that since it gives him gas, it must be good for you...I checked this morning, it is 92% water...don't know about the gas...whatev).

Anyway, Angie and I cooked and Lisa talked to us, and played with the girls, and it was overall a fun day for me, and they assured me they had fun as well. Hadleigh was super upset when they left, "where are friends going?" she asked over and over and over! She certainly plays shy, but if you know, you know that is all just a ploy and she loves her friends, tall and short!

No comments: