Thursday, January 22, 2009

Miss Hadleigh Claire Goes Poo Poo in the Potty

Thursdays are always long days. We are generally up late with our community group on Wednesday night, and then it is go, go go on Thursday morning. Everyone dressed and lunch made, and we run out the door to drop HC off at preschool and then jet down to church for my women's Bible study. Of course Annelise is exhausted by the time I pick her up from the nursery, but I generally have to run errands and kill some time before I pick HC up from preschool. So today, it was off to the bank and then because it did not make sense to go home, I drove around while Annelise slept in the carseat, never a good thing.
By the time we get home and I get everyone in bed for naptime I am at the end of my very short rope. Since ANnelise napped in the car she did not want to nap in her crib, so after an hour of listening to her whine (while I ate my lunch in somewhat quiet) I grabbed her. We played around and then at 3 I decided it was time to get Hadleigh. I knew she was up, but assumed she was sitting in her bed playing with her animals.

As I climbed the stairs I realized her voice sounded VERY clear for her being down the hall and in her room. I rounded the corner and found her sitting on the potty...her diaper was on the floor next to her with a poop in it (fortunately it was a non-messy poop). OK, time out...as a million things rush into my brain...1. she got out of bed which is a MAJOR no-no. 2. She took off her diaper, another MAJOR no-no. 3. But she is sitting on the potty!!! I am all conflicted with how to react, but she chimes in:
HC: Oh, hi Mama!
Me: Hi HC, what are you doing?
HC: Oh Mama, I'm going poop poo in the potty! I poo poo in the diapert, and now I poo poo in the potty.
Me: (still a little slow) You took your diaper off.
HC: Oh, yes, because I go poo poo in the potty. Big poo poo! Big, big, big poo poo.
Me: (catching on) That is great HC! (and I look in the toilet to see if there is a poop already in the bowl...no poop).
HC: Oh yes, Mama (and then she gets a big grin and kinda whispers), and poo poo in the potty and ice cream and popcorn and watch a movie! (all of these things we have been bribing her with for months) Oh, Frog movie, Mama? And Gonzo, and Kermit.
Me: (still a bit skeptical that she will actually poop in the potty) that is GREAT HC, and you will get all of those things if you poop in the potty.

It is at this point that I begin to make suggestions to her about how to get the poop out...and then after about 5 minutes of waiting I decide this isn't going to happen and to just start cleaning up...and then I hear a PLOP. It was a faint plop, but it was a plop and when I look what do I see, but a poop...a little one, but a poop.
SO, anyway, I am hoping this will be a step toward the end of our crazy poop issues with HC. She did get to do the Poo Poo Dance, and then she ate ice cream, called Dada, and ate popcorn and watched Charlotte's Web (I couldn't find the Muppet Movie...need to find that!). Enjoy the pics and be happy that Dave wasn't home, because he would have definitely taken a pic of the poop...you can look back at previous posts for evidence.

1 comment:

jessrings said...

This is good to have a major life goal of hers already out of the way. I wish poo pooing in the potty was still celebrated, especially since I love fiber so much.