Monday, April 30, 2007

Hadleigh Claire's Two Accomplishments


Friday was a big day for Miss Hadleigh Claire. I have been thinking for a while that I wanted to get HC off the bottle and onto a sippy cup. The main problem is that she wants to have nothing to do with the sippy. So, Dave and I woke up on Friday morning and prepared ourselves for a fight. We gave her a bottle first thing and then I called Kris to verify that I wasn't going to be tormenting my child. She confirmed my suspicions that we were within the realm of normalcy...thanks Kris...and the battle began. We decided that we would only give her a sippy and when she was thirsty enough she would drink out of it.

We started with the Nuby. Dave quickly vetoed it, saying it was too hard to get milk out of it. So, we moved onto a soft-tipped Gerber cup (I had purchased about 4 different kinds to keep our options open). She was hesitant, but by the afternoon she had gotten the hang of it and was slowly putting a dent in the milk. We claimed victory by the end of the day and haven't looked back. The soft-tipped Gerber sippy is our friend!

Now, if you have been keeping up with the blog at all you would know that for the past several months HC has been peeing on the toilet every night before her bath (refer to the January archive for background info). Dave has been saying that for the last couple of weeks when he puts HC on the toilet she not only pees, but also toots and has strained a few times (as if trying to poop). Well, Friday evening before her bath, HC pooped in the toilet! Dave was so proud and had to take a pic. If you know Dave at all you will understand why I have to post the pic. If you don't know Dave, sorry.
So, to sum up, we now have a fully hydrated, non-bottle drinker who pees and poops in the toilet!

5 comments:

Brea said...

Wow, impressive on both counts! Even though I see and deal with baby poop everyday, I am still a little grossed out. But actually, I'm a little grossed out every time I change a diaper, so in the toilet would really be preferable.

B's caught on to the sippie cup now, too, but we haven't attempted the latter. :)

jessrings said...

Ummmm..ok...you can go back to blogs about Hadleigh's eating now. Thanks.

Sarah said...

Just make sure it's not 10 years before you make another post like with that nasty tongue picture of Dave's when you guys were moving.

Christina said...

Wow - that is a first for me. I have never seen a pic of poop on the Internet before.

CP said...

Whoa... I concur with Jess.