Wednesday, April 18, 2007

13 Months




Last week Hadleigh Claire turned 13 months old and is just as hilarious now as ever. She isn't walking yet, but is a fast crawler. When she wants something, she just puts her head down and starts crawling toward it. Sometimes I feel like I have to jog to beat her she is so fast. She continues to bear crawl, which I posted a pic of a couple weeks ago. It is pretty funny to watch, though she doesn't always crawl that way.


She is trying and eating lots of new things, and is obsessed with food. Everytime I eat, she must eat and she wants exactly what I am having. She had her first experience with spaghetti a couple weeks ago and loved it. Unfortunately I had a bad experience with spaghetti, so we will not be having it again for a while. She also loves mac and cheese, hummus with pita bread, peanut butter toast, and I know there is more I just can't think of it. The only she has had that she refuses to eat is corn. I am not sure why...but Dave and I are convinced this summer we will get her hooked on corn on the cob. I have fed her so many other things I find it a little odd about the corn thing. I mean, really, you like broccoli, carrots, papaya, lentils...and you refuse corn? Whatever.

She has been a trooper and my little start these past few weeks. She plays by herself and entertains herself well while I lay on the couch. She brings me books and I will lay on the floor with her and read. She LOVES her alphabet books that her friend Sadie got her for her birthday. She can read them over and over and over. She loves to quack like a duck, but she quacks at everything. If she sees a dog, she quacks, if she sees a horse, she quacks, etc. She definitely has her own little language going and it is hilarious to listen to her talk. Besides Dada and Mama which she doesn't use, but she does know, she has three words. Ba for bath. As soon as we finish dinner and Dave asks her what time it is, she say "ba". Yea is her second word...and I just think it is funny that she says that. Her third word is shees for cheese. She is hilarious when she uses this word. She gets a cheshire grin on her face with her eyes closed and teeth together, she laughs a little and then on her best day will say shees, other times it comes out sh.

Her final obsession these days are paper towels. She can sit for hours crumpling, shredding and finally eating a paper towel. You can see in the pics how she will carry a piece of it around in her mouth, that is my little girl!






2 comments:

Sarah said...

She just keeps getting cuter! I love the personality coming out more and more. My friend said that her favorte stage was from 12-24 months because of how the little personality just emerges and they become little communicators. I know I've loved this stage with Annie, but I won't pick a favorite until they're all up and out!

Brea said...

Such a fun, sweet girl!