Monday, February 26, 2007

Betcha Didn't Know


...that the GA Aquarium is the largest in the world! All the Atlanta residents reading this are saying "duh", but I bet all my CA buds are very confused. What would a large aquarium be doing in a city that isn't remotely close the ocean? I am not exactly sure of the answer, but I will say that I am glad it is here because it is amazing.

Since we didn't get Hadleigh anything for Christmas (not like she knows any different since she was 9 months old at the time), we decided to get an annual pass to the aquarium. It basically pays for itself in 3 visits, so I figure if I go once a month I will more than pay for it. This past Saturday we headed down to the aquarium for our second visit.

Our first visit was the beginning of January and we went with Hadleigh's bud Sadie and her parents Paul and Lisa. It was pretty cool, but this time when we went Hadleigh was REALLY into it. She was screaming, reaching out to try to touch the fish, laughing, etc. It was pretty fun to see the change in her.

The other fun part of the day was that it was gorgeous outside, so we walked to Marta because we live about 5 minutes from a station, and then took the train downtown. I felt very European not having our car, and it was a gorgeous day, and the whole outing was a blast.

I do think that in March we will try to go mid-week, since it is jammed-packed like Disneyland in the summer. It just cannot be as crowded on a work/school day.

2 comments:

jessrings said...

I definitely need to go w/ya sometime, since I've only been once and it was right after it opened. So you can get the picture of how the crowds word. I was like "fish, where?"

Nathan Smith said...

So fun! I love the aquarium. I got an annual pass the first year and I think I went 6 times, well worth it! I tried to go during the middle of the week one time as well and it was still surprisingly crowded, I think it's like that all the time, which after being open over a year is pretty amazing! Hope you guys have fun!