Wednesday, March 09, 2011

True is 8 Months

I think that poor True is going to have to be happy with the two month updates because I just cannot seem to pull it together enough to do the every month updates for him...poor little man.  My sweet, sweet boy is almost 8 months old.  He has had a busy couple of months.

He had his first surgery at 6 months old.  Thankfully we have an amazing children's hospital in town (yea for living in big cities), and they took great care of him.  And, of course he is fine and did amazingly well.  Poor little man could not nurse past midnight on the day of his surgery, so Dave got up with him several times in the middle of the night.  Surprisingly he was not too fussy before they took him.  The hardest part for me was that I could not hold him before the docs took him (because I knew if I held him he would want to eat), but thankfully Dave was there and was fabulous at keeping True calm.  I am certainly glad all that is behind us.

True FINALLY cut one of his bottom teeth last week.  We are still waiting for his other bottom one, and of course his two top ones.  It is so amazing how different all the kiddos are.  HC cut all of her teeth right on time, Annelise's were all early, and it seems True's are late.  I am just glad that he finally got one of them out.

Sleep is slowly getting better, but is still painful at times.  It feels like just in the last two weeks has he really started napping on any sort of regular schedule.  A morning nap that is over by 9 or 9.30 and an afternoon nap from 12-2.  He loves to go down super early for bed, so it is lights out for the little man at 5.30.  He has slept though the night a couple of times (like after his surgery when he was on codeine), but most times he is waking up once in the night.  I'll be happy when that is over...hoping for some 9 month magic.  Amazing how every baby is so different...guess this all just keeps us humble.

True is finally on the move!  He has become an expert roller which is the sweetest thing ever.  I love lying down on the floor with him so that he can roll over and over and come to me.  Love it.  HE is working on sitting up on his own, but that is still a few weeks off I am guessing.  I am not anxious for any of this because the more he does the closer we will get to crawling...oh my!  I am not ready for that!

True is a lover of foods.  Everything we put in his mouth he loves.  He has recently discovered cheerios which are a real hit (now if he could only figure out how to grab them and take them to his mouth).  Mangos and carrots are a new fav too.  This is round three of making my own baby food.  I really enjoy it so much.  Even Dave got into the action and made some applesauce yesterday.

At his 6 month check-up he weighed 15 pounds, 9 oz, and was 27 inches long.  That is 25 for weight and 75 for height.  I am just happy he is still on the chart, both girls were down to 0% for weight at age 6 months.  He is a chunk compared to them.

Everyone LOVES True.  He has a very sweet disposition and enjoys lots of attention.  He has these eyes that just demand eye contact, when he gets it he bursts into an award winning smile.  He is a little snuggler and loves to be held and kissed and squeezed.  I love that, and am thankful that all my kiddos were snugglers (must be in the genes).  He is such a blessing and I am so thankful that he is part of our family.

No comments: