Monday, March 21, 2011

Black Bean Burritos

While we lived in Germany we were in a Community Group that met once a week for dinner and Bible study.  It was a lively group, to say the least, and we started off studying Romans.  HELLO!  And the group was all over the map as far as theological beliefs, so it was interesting.  We finally began using Tim Keller's notes on Romans, which was fabulous.  And if you have never studied the Bible with Keller, I highly recommend it.  He is our family fav.

Our friends, Jim and Kristen hosted our groups and Kristen and I worked together and often collaborated on meal planning.  This recipe was one of our favorites, along with a chicken, mushroom quesadilla recipe that we used a couple times.  Every time I make it, I think of Kristen, and we make this recipe a lot.  Bean burritos were actually one of the random things I craved when I was prego with Hadleigh and Annelise.  Top this burrito with a little sour cream and yumm-o!

On a random note, Dave and I are getting physicals in a couple of weeks, so we are being more cognizant about our meat intake...is that cheating?

One more random side-note, I think I have mastered the art of cooking dried beans.  So I am making this with black beans that I cooked a few weeks ago and then froze...we'll see how it all goes.

No comments: