Thursday, April 09, 2009

Our Neighborhood

Our neighborhood is awesome. I totally love it, and am so thankful for where we live (although it was painful to get here). We have a very active neighborhood which is super fun. The women have been getting together once a month for appetizers and drinks...yes we also play Bunco...which actually is fun. I am actually hosting everyone next week. I am a little nervous, but I am sure it will be fab and everyone will excuse all the projects going on around here...or at least all the projects that should be going on around here. =0

We also have several neighborhood gatherings throughout the year, one of which is an Easter egg hunt. We actually attended this event last year (because we were in contract with our house). This year was actually freezing! It was 46, but the sun did make an appearance. It had rained everyday that week, but managed to stop for our Sunday egg hunt. We had a great time. Hadleigh was able to dye some eggs, and then they ran around yards to find eggs stuffed with candy. Of course we swapped out the candy for a more healthy treat of Teddy Grahams. Either way they are obsessed with having 1 egg in the morning and 1 egg in the afternoon. I am nervous for the day when they figure out I am throwing all the candy away!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Sending you a "hi-5" for swapping out the candy for Teddy Graham. Do that as long as you can! This year I bought jelly beans and gummy worms from the health food store; it still has sugar, but nothing else artificial. I'll let him feast on it for one day, and then it will all disappear. And Dave will be happy to know that I will insist he eat apples or carrots after his candy. Sometimes he'll even remember and ask for a snack to clean his teeth!